Southcoast Behavioral Health Hospital in Dartmouth, Massachusetts, is a joint venture between Southcoast Health and Acadia Healthcare. Community healthcare assessments are one of the many initiatives that ensure that we are providing the focused services that best meet the needs of the individuals and families we serve.
Information about the Southcoast Health system in Massachusetts and Rhode Island
Southcoast Health is a not-for-profit system that operates healthcare facilities in 33 communities across southeastern Massachusetts and Rhode Island.
The Southcoast Health system is composed of four hospitals and more than 55 other service locations, including outpatient surgery centers, urgent care centers, physician practices, cancer treatment centers, a visiting nurse association, and additional facilities.
Providers within the Southcoast Health system offer an integrated continuum of care, with the goal of promoting a comprehensive culture of wellness throughout the region.
All locations within the Southcoast Health network are united by the system’s motto: Exceptional Care from People Who Care. Southcoast Health personnel are also expected to embrace the following values:
- Be people-focused: Establish trusting partnerships with patients, families, colleagues,and our community.
- Be engaging: Model the Southcoast Health behaviors.
- Be accountable: Always expect and give your best.
- Be supportive: Southcoast Health is a team that is caring, compassionate,and dedicated.
- Be innovative: Positively embrace change;be a change agent.
- Be proud: You are a Southcoast Health ambassador 24/7/365.
- Be more than medicine: For our community, for each other.
Triannual reports identify areas of need in communities that are served by Southcoast Health
Every three years, Southcoast Health works with other key stakeholders to develop a Community Health Needs Assessment report. This report identifies areas of greatest need in the communities that are served by facilities within the Southcoast Health system.
Topics addressed in previous Community Health Needs Assessment reports have included:
- Substance use disorder prevention and intervention
- Access to mental health treatment
- Chronic disease prevention and treatment
- Health disparities and social determinants of health
- Positive youth development
- Maternal and children’s health
- Emergency preparedness
The information that is collected while developing these assessment reports guides the effective deployment of healthcare resources to best serve the community.
Past reports developed to identify healthcare needs within the communities that are served by Southcoast Health
Prior efforts to assess healthcare needs in communities that are served by facilities within the Southcoast Health system have led to the creation of the following reports: