Support and contact with loved ones is an important part of treatment. Visits from friends and family are an extremely important aspect of treatment for patients working to recover from a mental illness. It’s important to show your love, encouragement, and support so they can rest assured that they are not alone along the path to recovery.
Guidelines for Visitors (Effective 6/26/2023)
Welcome to Southcoast Behavioral Health. To ensure your comfort and the safety of our patients, staff and visitors while visiting your loved one, please familiarize yourself with our visitation guidelines.
Hospital Daily Visiting Hours
Please arrive 30 minutes before your scheduled visitation to check in. All visitors will go back to the visitation area together. Arrivals after the start of visitation time will not be permitted to join due to security concerns once patients have entered the visitation area.
Unit 1A (Geriatric) 4:00pm – 5:00pm (On Unit)
Adult Units 1, 2, 3 (DDU), 4, 5: 7:00 – 8:00pm (Cafeteria)
Unit 6, 7 (Child/Adolescent): Weekdays 6:30pm-7:30pm, weekends 2:00pm – 3:00pm (Classroom)
*Holiday visiting hours are subject to change*
Upon entry to the hospital visitors must:
1. Complete the Visitor Log and check-in.
2. Show proof of identification (valid photo ID).
3. Sign the Visitors Sign-In and Contraband & Confidentiality of Information Acknowledgement.
4. Review the Inpatient Visitation Guidelines – Attachment I.
5. Wear the provided name badge in a visible area throughout the entirety of the visit.
6. Comply with search via metal detector from head to toe, front to back including bottom of feet from staff.
7. Sanitize your hands before entering the visitation areas and when leaving.
Please note, face masks are encouraged but are no longer required.
Additional Visitation Guidelines
- Visitors who are positive for any symptoms on the Visitor Log will not be permitted to visit.
- In order to maintain a safe, therapeutic environment, no more than two (2) visitors at once may visit a patient, unless stated otherwise.
- All visitors during regular visitation must be 18 years or older; please have your loved one communicate any accommodation requests with their treatment team for visits with anyone under the age of 18.
- Visitors must secure all personal belongings in their vehicle or in a locker prior to entering the hospital; no items except locker key may be taken past the security doors off the lobby.
- Visitation with a patient may be terminated by the charge nurse, provider or administration at any time if such visit appears to be detrimental to the patient.
- Visitors who are suspected/known to be intoxicated/under the influence may be asked to leave the hospital at the discretion of the charge nurse, provider or administration.
- Refer to the Inpatient Visitation Guidelines – Attachment I for a list of contraband items and the visitation dress code.
- Staff are not able to answer questions regarding treatment, discharge, etc. during visitation. This time is dedicated to allowing you to enjoy time with your loved one. For questions, we recommend that you call to speak with a member of your loved one’s treatment team during regular business hours.